We are home.  Safely.  With two sick children who managed to pick up some kind of nasty upper respiratory infection.  It landed Daniel in the Emergency room at 1:30 am on Wednesday morning.  I pulled almost a 24 hour day from leaving Fargo, flying through Chicago, getting in to Philly and then getting Daniel over to the hospital.  Not a fun time I have to tell you.

The kids are recovering.  They each still have some coughing and snotty little noses, but the worst part has been that their sleep cycle is ALL OVER THE PLACE.  I was up most of the night Wednesday night, then last night, I was up 12:30 am until nearly 3am with them.  They don’t seem to know what is up or down and I am right there with them.

Thank you for all the kind thoughts and prayers for our family.  Things went a lot better than I thought they would.  We did get to see my father in law before the cremation.  We had a wake for him in Wolcott, North Dakota (which is as small as it sounds).  I got to meet the other half of my family and I love them.  For a hot minute, I tried to imagine us living there.  But then I thought of the winters, the fact that my family is all here and I have been waiting for just that.  The idea of packing up and heading out west is just not something I can wrap my brain around right now.  But it is beautiful country…and the people are so stinking nice.  I mean everybody.  I wonder how my hubby can be so cranky when he came from a place like that, filled with cheerful, laid back people.  Maybe he has been east for too long.

We saw where the residents of Fargo fought the flood of the Red River this past spring.  It was pretty neat.  We also got to walk along Broadway, which could be the main street in any town in America.

Oh, and we ate, and we drank, and we laughed…..and we brought 1/3 of the ashes home with us.  I have no clue what we are going to do with them, but since my B-I-L had no idea what he was doing when he made the arrangements, nor did he show up to see his father, or family, we came home with “dad”.

The weather was great there until Tuesday and we started to wonder if we were going to be able to fly out.  We put “dad” in the suitcase.  Well, that added several pounds to our weight and put us over United Airlines weight for bags.  We were not prepared or willing to pay $125 extra…on top of the $20 bag fee….so “dad” rode in the over head bin…..

The hubby is back to work today and we are trying very hard to get back into some kind of a routine.   I have lots of fmaily pictures, but will post them later…….

Enhanced by Zemanta
  1. pillarr1 says:

    I am so glad that you guys made it back safely. Sorry to hear about the kids getting ill. I know that messes up the WHOLE routine thing that we love so much. Yes, people are so nice in small towns. It is the bigger cities that destroy that nice personality that small town people have. Can wait to see your pictures of North Dakota!

  2. cat says:

    I am so glad that it all went so much better than you thought it would. GOod luck with the sick babies!

  3. Kir says:

    so sorry the babies are sick (nothing worse than sick toddlers right) but I am glad that you’re home and safe and sound. Try to rest a little, sounds like you all need a day on the couch!!!!! *Hugs*

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s